Saturday, April 14, 2012

Interesting Sales Tactic

"I want a quart of exterior latex paint."
"You don't have to have exterior.  Interior is cheaper."
"But it's for something that I'm going to have on my porch."
"OK.  But you don't have to have exterior."
"So if I am going to have these shelves on the porch, I can use interior?"
"Why do you want shelves on the porch?"
"I want to keep the gourds on them while they mold and dry.  I'm allergic to mold and don't want them inside."
"So you are going to leave the shelves on the porch.  I thought you were just going to paint them on the porch."
Helpful is good, but I wonder why he thought I didn't know what I wanted when I said what I wanted.  Sometimes I don't have a clue, and then I have to give the circumstances and rely on advice.  But the guy didn't know me, so he couldn't just assume I didn't know what exterior is for!  And I don't know why I should have to explain all that, anyway.
Now I'm worried that I look like an idiot and that's why he was being so "helpful."
Maybe that's why people dress up when they go shopping...so people will think they're smart?  Duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment