Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Thing about a Diet

Today we had a lovely lunch.  The green beans, turnip greens and ham were on my diet.  We also had new potatoes from the garden in the green beans, creamed corn from our freezer, and cornbread...none of which are low-carb. 
Meat and something green is pretty well how I describe my Atkins diet although there are some variations.  If I eat meat and something green (not pistachio ice cream), I will be hungry when I'm finished.  So I have to use my brain on what is a reasonable amount to eat and just quit when I'm finished with that amount.  So after I eat, I drink 1/2 liter of water.  By the time I'm finished with the water, I'm not still hungry.
Today we had a selection of non-diet things.  I decided to eat a few bites of new potatoes and one small piece of corn bread.  When I finished, I wasn't hungry.  It was nice.  I think I miss cornbread and pizza the most.  So every six months I have a pizza; about once a month we have cornbread.  I think cornbread should have enough fiber to cancel out all the carbs, but I have found no evidence for that belief.  If there were evidence, it wouldn't be a belief, it would be a fact:)

No comments:

Post a Comment