Thursday, March 3, 2016

Your Eyes Glaze Over

I told my friend the doctor said I should lose some weight so I'd gone on a stricter version of the diet I stick to pretty much all the time.
She said, "Tell me about your diet."
"Your eyes glaze over when I tell you about it."
"Yes, but I'm asking."
About three sentences in, she yawned.
I told you, your eyes glaze over.
"What fruit can you have?"
"Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries."
"I like strawberries dipped in chocolate," she said.
"I do, too. But I like strawberries with sour cream and splenda, too. If I'm trying to lose weight, I can have that and still be on my diet."
She isn't diabetic and her weight is in the normal range. She gobbles all sorts of things I can't have. That's fine, but her husband is diabetic. She said her daughter says she is trying to kill him. Fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment