Sunday, May 15, 2016

Tire Garden May, 2016

This is the new faucet and hose holder for my tire garden. I like how my garden looks. We've gotten strawberries so far. Parsley and dill are here. I think the parsley must have stayed alive. The dill is from seeds. The blackberries are loaded with berries. Several tires were empty so I've planted cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers and eggplants in them. I'm delighted to have a way to water the stuff without dragging a heavy hose around. Larry's garden is in rows. Mine is a tangled mess. When I can't walk around because the blackberries are in the way, I just snip a path. There're plenty left. Blackberries grow weird. They grow long canes which hit the ground and root. That's called tip layering. It is ok to cut the new plant and move it. So far I haven't moved them...just cut paths through.

No comments:

Post a Comment