Monday, October 23, 2017

Religious Rant

Larry gets on a rant occasionally. Mostly I'm not a participant. But this one was about our community not showing respect for the Amish as they call them Amish and Mennonites interchangeably. I listened for a while without comment and finally said I don't respect their religion. He expounded for a while about their work ethic, etc. I said they allow their young men time to leave the community to experience other ways and return. Women aren't given that chance. I don't object to people believing how they think is right, and I don't throw rocks at them, but I don't respect the religion. I named several families and he agreed their work ethic was nothing to brag about. Finally I said that I respect a couple of families, but not the religion. So he dropped his rant and the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment