Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Ideas

Ideas happen for me in several ways. Brainstorming is good but I don’t have anybody to brainstorm with. Larry doesn’t want to brainstorm as he immediately puts on the black hat and argues. I’ve tried to explain I don’t want him to shoot down my plan; I want him to look at the end result and find a path to it. Another way I get ideas is by reading. But I also need time to mull over a problem. The most recent problem I’ve tried to figure out is the tables to hold his peritoneal stuff. The nurse said it can’t be wood. It has to be something that can be sprayed with Clorox. The trays attached to the recliner at the dialysis clinic are plastic. What I want to use is a couple of TV trays. They easily fold away. But the surface isn’t great for sanitizing. So this morning I decided glass cut to size would be perfect and not ugly. Then Larry called and said they are short handed at the dialysis clinic today so he hooked himself up. When the nurse came in she said he could go away for two hours. Then come back and do stage two. So I told him my glass idea. He liked it and improved on it by saying tempered glass would be even better. That was maybe his first real participation in brainstorming.

No comments:

Post a Comment