Friday, June 22, 2018

Scam

Today a guy called claiming to work for a law office. He said I had stopped using my hotspot before my contract was up and I owe fifty dollars to pay the secondary contract off so my credit rating won’t suffer. He said a letter had been sent May 9 and I did not respond so it was turned over to them for collection. I said I didn’t get it so mail me another one. He said they couldn’t but he could email me a copy. I said no. He gave me the name and address of the law office and said I could request it by mail. Then I called Verizon to see if a secondary contract was associated with the contract I’d signed. I haven’t heard back from them yet. I googled it next and found there is a scam associated with the phone number. The law office is real and the address is real but the phone number wasn’t listed.

No comments:

Post a Comment