I liked the gourd I finished yesterday, but I didn't think it had enough overlap of leaves and my shading wasn't especially good. I thought it turned out pretty well, but it wasn't exactly what I wanted. So on these two, I drew my leaves in pencil and then outlined the parts I want to use in extra-fine black permanent sharpie. I still want the leaves to be caladium leaves, but I think I'll do the small one in metallics and pearls. It won't be realistic, but folk art doesn't have to be realistic, and neither does fantasy. I'm thinking a gnome home is fantasy, so whatever I do should be all right.
At least I don't have my leaves isolated and floating in the background which is pretty much what I did with the last one. I didn't realize it until I was finished.