Sunday, June 19, 2016

Lasagna

I love lasagna. Everything in it is on my low-carb diet except the noodles so I tried a recipe for eggplant parmigian I found in a Prevention magazine a long time ago. I first did the recipe as directed. But it took a long time and was a lot of trouble. So instead of letting the eggplant drain while covered with salt, then coating it with wheat germ and putting it in the oven for a while, I just boiled the sliced eggplant, drained it, and then made lasagna using the eggplant instead of noodles. I used all my usual lasagna ingredients except for the boiled eggplant. 
I suppose zucchini would work. I made up pans of it in disposable aluminum brownie pans and froze it. Larry only liked it freshly cooked, but I packed it in lunch-sized servings and took it to school for a healthy, delicious meal. 
Mostly when people say they are on a diet, nobody drools over their lunches:)

No comments:

Post a Comment