Tuesday, August 2, 2011

medicare

The medicare website is confusing for someone who is unfamiliar with it, but the 1-800 number on the medicare card connected me with a pleasant, helpful, knowledgeable person who made the process relatively painless compared to what I had been suffering through before.  Typing in the medications, dosage, etc., wasn't easy and required a trip to the drugstore to make sure the label was completely spelled out.  But the durable goods (cpap machine and blood sugar strips) weren't obvious.  I'm pretty sure there are people less lucid than I am out there.  I hope they get the same helpful person I did! I was horrified at how much medications cost and how erratic medicare plan d is for payments.  The copay amounts vary from a little to a lot from month to month.

No comments:

Post a Comment