Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Penny-Wise, Pound-Foolish

My internet connection is through Verizon. It seems to me that Verizon is whizzing though data without a lot of cooperation from me. In an attempt to halt this flow, I bought a small laptop/tablet that I planned to use at the hospital using free wifi for downloading audible books and blogging. But the cool little laptop/tablet wasn't working well. So I took it back to Best Buy who cheerfully refunded my money.
I kept trying to decide whether spending money on a laptop to avoid spending money on a data package upgrade was foolish. I finally decided it was since I have a compaq presario laptop that is old but does what I want it to do...it's just old and heavier.
I have the old laptop here and it is working great. It is windows xp so I didn't know if it was going to take the new audible update. It did.
So, one more thing in my life is old but still works. I'm going to have to continue taking stuff off of this one to free up space.

No comments:

Post a Comment