Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Friend's Journal

I was talking to a friend who said she had decided to keep a journal but wasn't doing well. I suggested she examine each day for something good so that would be what she would remember. She said she didn't like her son-in-law and her daughter kept raving on about him when she called. I told her she shouldn't vent in the journal because when she dies, she won't want her daughter to see what she wrote and feel awful. People tell kids to vent in journals, but it really isn't a good plan for an adult. Husbands, kids would remember the bad feelings when/if they see it and it would hurt them. She was taking notes and expressed gratitude for my suggestions. Sometimes I miss teaching a lot. Mostly I'm just glad my feet don't hurt as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment