Monday, November 10, 2014

Dwelling on Crap

I noticed a while ago that I tended to hash and rehash things that bothered me. It prolonged the annoyance that I was feeling. Sometimes I could talk it through with a close friend. But I finally decided that I just wouldn't think about it. It was over. I was ruining time that could be good by wallowing in what had made hash of my peace of mind.
So I tried to concentrate on sensory intake. Instead of stewing over something, I'd put it from my mind and concentrate on flowers, leaves, the feel of the breeze, the warmth of the sun, a hot bath...a fragrance.
Getting past the crap is faster for me if I dwell on something that brings me pleasure. I think that I must be pretty shallow at times, but really, wallowing in misery doesn't make me deep, just unhappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment