Monday, February 23, 2015

Cluck Cluck

When school is closed, it might not matter now that I've retired, but they close the schools when they think it isn't safe to run the buses. So when school is closed, I stay home. So I told Larry I wouldn't be going to volunteer tomorrow. He sounded indignant, saying there were just a few icy patches on some roads and I would be fine.
I repeated firmly, "I'm not going!"
There are roads, parking lots, etc. I don't see any reason to get out in this mess.
And schools are still closed tomorrow, so I'm staying home.
Maybe Wednesday will be better.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you. If the roads are iffy and I don't HAVE to be on them I won't go on them. Why risk it? Accidents happen not just because I make a mistake but because other people do too... and if the roads are iffy the odds of an accident go up. Why risk it? My chances of incurring an extra expense are lower if I don't leave when the odds of my being in an accident are higher. I'm all about risk management. I'd rather spend money on things like food and fun than fixing something avoidable. I'm with you. It's not chicken to be prudent.

    ReplyDelete