Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Irish Country Doctor Series

I'm on the fifth one now. It is pretty annoying to listen the them ponder everything, but it's still a good story. I used to read long narrative novels without much plot more happily than now, but I'm tired of listening to the same stuff over and over waiting for my favorite authors to crank another one out.
These stories are set in the sixties. The doctors do office hours in the morning and home visits in the afternoons and somebody is on call all the time.
The last time I remember a doctor making a home visit was in 1955. I guess that wasn't the last visit ever made in the United States. But I wonder if the Irish doctors still make them.
They have home health care here, but it isn't doctors who make the visits as far as I can tell. It's home health nurses.

No comments:

Post a Comment