Thursday, July 9, 2015

DIY Laundry Soap

I made my laundry soap today.
2 cups Borax
2 cups Arm and Hammer Washing Soda
2 bars of Fels Naptha soap, grated.
I mixed the above with 1 gallon of boiling water, poured it into a five-gallon bucket and stirred for a while, then added four more gallons of water. I stirred it a little more and then put them into five large, clear, plastic containers.
It's the third time I've made it. One batch lasts us eleven months.
I bought six bars of fels naptha and did the dry mix for the next two times. I bagged the leftover borax and washing soda into gallon ziplock bags, labeling it. The first time I made it I left the borax and washing soda in their boxes. Eleven months later I had to chip the stuff off as it had absorbed humidity from the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment