Sunday, November 5, 2017

Yesterday's List

Yesterday's list had twelve items. I accomplished five of them. I really didn't expect to get all of them done, but if I write them down as I notice the need, I have a chance of getting to them sooner or later. The thing that took the longest was getting the salvia out of the two large pots flanking the front steps. I was cutting the foliage and blooms all the way to the soil when a neighbor pulled up in their four-wheeler. They have a very active four year old that they've adopted. He wanted to know why I was cutting off the pretty flowers. I explained that frost was going to kill them very soon and I wanted to plant tulip bulbs that would bloom in the spring. Then I asked if he wanted to cut the salvia flowers off. He happily took the snips and got to work. He carefully put the cuttings in the bucket. I went to get the cart and he emptied the cuttings into the cart. Julie spends a lot of time telling him not to do things. It would be better if she kept him busy. He is interested in just about everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment