Saturday, December 16, 2017

Hearing Aid

Larry was watching Larry's Country Diner. He likes it and keeps taking it off of mute so I can hear something. Mostly I just remember all the times I wanted to read him something and he was rude to me. But tonight an old entertainer said he and his wife have been married for 52 years and she insisted he get a hearing aid. She had told him she was proud of him and he replied he was tired of her, too. That was funny to me because I've had some of those conversations with Larry before he got his hearing aid. We still have problems communicating because if he doesn't have them in, I have to yell. If I've made a mistake and they're in, he yells back at me. I wonder if he knows how difficult it is to decide if talking to him is worth while.

No comments:

Post a Comment