Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Money to Garbage

My fascination with gadgets means I turn money into crap sometimes.  I'm not a fan of stuff that doesn't work, so I hardly ever even try to use a guarantee...if I have something that doesn't work, chances aren't good that I'll want another one.
But my fitbit has been fun for me for about a year and a half.  It has stopped holding a charge.  I contacted them and found that their warranty is good for a year.  So obviously $100 for a year and a half usage is reasonable to them but not to me.  I'll keep using it until I have to stay connected to the base unit while it is plugged in to use it and then call it quits.  I will not be replacing it.

1 comment:

  1. I have a spare in my drawer that takes batteries so wouldn't have the rechargeable issue. I even have two batteries for it. It doesn't do stairs though. It's the size of a quarter and fits in your pocket nicely and counts fine there. I'll mail it to you. You'll have to figure out how to switch fitbits with your software though.

    ReplyDelete