Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Preparing Bee Setup

It was icy outside today so I mostly spent the day making a list of materials to prepare the site for my bees. I gathered information from the bee keeping books, checked my permaculture book, and reread the notes from the class I took. As I examined the information I found, I listed what I wanted to do and the materials it would take to do it. Some of the information said to put the hive in an open area with full sun. Some says to give it some shelter. Some said away from buildings, one said right next to the house is all right. I guess I'm going to have to look at some bees that have been established for a while. It sounds like people have their opinions. I like that because it sounds like there's some leeway in what works. I really thought since bees can live in the wild, whatever they get is probably going to be better than them just finding a place.

No comments:

Post a Comment