Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Spring Rolls

I bought the spring roll wrappers, a package of hot ground sausage, green onions, and a bag of shredded cabbage and carrots. I browned the shredded cabbage and carrots, green onions, soy sauce, cornstarch and the sausage. I wrapped three tablespoons of the mixture in each wrapper and deep fried the little packages in peanut oil in the turkey fryer. If not turned immediately, they won't turn at all. So to brown both sides, be sure to turn them as soon as you drop them in the hot oil.
I thought they turned out good. Larry ate a bunch of them and said I'd shaped them square instead of cylindrical so they were greasy. Too bad he didn't like them:)
I don't guess this is low carb because of the wrappers and cornstarch. But a lot of the ingredients are fine so I guess I'll just have to check my blood sugar later to see the effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment