Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Book Review

God, No!: Signs You May Already be an Atheist ...by Penn Jillette
OK.  I get that he is a magician and humorist.  I am pretty sure I shouldn't review a book I quit reading after chapter three.  But here it is:
"A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."  So Shakespeare already said that...about something else.  But he said it so well.
If a person says, "F*ck you, God!" that does not imply that he doesn't believe in God.  It means he is angry with God.  If he is angry with something that does not exist, that isn't the least bit logical. Showing defiance, disrespect, anger towards something that does not exist pretty much disproves his premise.  It doesn't imply that there is or isn't a God; it implies that he believes there is one.  That's why I stopped reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment