Friday, December 6, 2013

Not So Close

Most people observe what I consider to be a reasonable personal space.  But sometimes people step really close just to talk.  I wear blended trifocals, and the close range part of the lens in on the lower section.  So if a tall person steps up really close, the only way I can focus on them is to tilt my head way back.  That isn't especially comfortable, but neither is not being able to focus on the speaker.  So I tend to tell them they are too close.  It feels rude, but evidently people have different perceptions of personal space.  But probably everybody with bifocals or trifocals have about the same space requirements.  My uncle used to peer over his glasses.  Other family members commented negatively on it.  I'll bet I know now why he did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment