Thursday, May 1, 2014

Choices

Today we went to Pebble Isle Marina. We both like it but it is Larry's favorite place to eat. We sit outside if it isn't blustery.
One of the things I like about it is the food, of course. But I also like it that they are willing to make substitutions. Sometimes I get grilled vegetables. They're good. But today I ordered a cheeseburger and asked that they hold the bun and the bag of chips and just give me something green off the salad bar. The waitress stood there a minute (she had purple hair with a platinum streak in front) and then asked if I would like pickled okra. I've never eaten pickled okra before, but I said that would be great. I was expecting two or three, but an entire serving came. They were firm and kind of spicy without being actually hot.
Larry ordered a hot dog with no bun, unsweet tea, and french fries. All of his choices weren't bad. Sometimes, that is the best we can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment