Monday, May 5, 2014

diy Shampoo

I've been using the same shampoo and conditioner for a long time and was perfectly happy with it. But this past week my hair felt heavy and dirty even after washing it. So I decided that I needed to try a different one just to get whatever was sticking to my hair off. But I needed to wash it today and am going shopping tomorrow.
So I hit the diy site. Honestly, from the looks of it (1 T baking soda and 1 cup of water), I didn't think it was going to be great, but it couldn't be worse than what I was wearing on my head.
While I was at it, I used the linked diy rinse (1 T vinegar and 1 cup water). The hardest part of either was deciding what containers to use.
Washing my hair with baking soda and water wasn't a sensory pleasure. I didn't think it was doing anything. No suds. But I worked it through my hair and it was feeling better. I rinsed it and sprayed the vinegar and water onto it and rinsed it out. I am very tender-headed and ended up spraying some on and leaving it.
I don't smell like a pickle. My hair feels clean and light. I can't believe it. I will use it again. It's cheap and my hair is clean and feels good.
http://www.diynatural.com/homemade-shampoo/

No comments:

Post a Comment