Saturday, December 20, 2014

Dark Witch Trilogy

The Dark Witch trilogy by Nora Roberts starts off badly. But I like Nora Roberts. I don't like it when she dwells on the sexual details. But I like it that family counts and sometimes friends are like family. But the first one had a narrator (yeah, audio book) with a speech impediment. Well, that's what I thought at first. After a while I realized the characters spoke English like someone for whom English is a second language. The "th" sounds had silent "h." I guess my favorite was "third" which came out as "turd." So the first two had an unexpected entertainment factor.
The third book in the series was better. The plot was better, the sex wasn't detailed (thank you!), and the narrator had achieved the "th" blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment