Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Warm Spiced Apple Cider

While I was in Germany, I went to an evening class making German Christmas cookies. As we walked into the large home ec area of a school, the aroma was wonderful. She said to fill a pot with apple juice and throw in some whole cloves and cinnamon sticks. How much would depend on home much apple juice. The juice is high in sugar, but it is fine with me to only drink a cup of it and just leave it simmering on the stove to make the house smell wonderful.
I looked up some recipes online and ended up making half a gallon of it in our coffee maker, putting the spices in the coffee filter. There were some other things in that recipe, but just putting the cloves and cinnamon sticks worked great. When we'd had some of it, I put the rest in a quart container to cool. I'll refrigerate it and microwave it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment