Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Say the Word--Wednesday

We stopped by the Staff of Life bakery and cafe. Because it says it is a vegetarian place and teaches cooking, I would never have stopped there. But Larry wanted to stop, so we did.
It had the air conditioner on and soft piano music playing. Nice. There were large cloth napkins...nice...but not all alike. The plates and other dishes didn't all match but the effect of the various furnishings and other supplies were more art deco than thrift shop.
It was stocked with the most wonderful yeast pastries I've seen in a long time. The carrot cake was great, too (Larry said). They didn't have real coffee, just instant decaf (really?!!) so I had water.
They have a menu with food listed. I don't know how good it is (cabbage po boy doesn't sound tasty to me).
I told my friend I was willing to go there with her to try an entree. She said to say the word. So I said Wednesday.
I asked the checkout lady if that was her kindle I saw charging. She asked me to repeat it. I did. She questioned, "Candle?" I said I guessed it wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment