Sunday, September 8, 2013

People Hurt Themselves

My nurse had a walker because she turned her ankle while carrying cans she couldn't see over.  This time she had a braced knee because she was cutting the grass on a riding mower and put out her leg to catch herself as it started to tip over.  She did some serious damage.
The worker at the hardware store broke a rib because she fell getting out of the bathtub.  I know people fall in the tub, but it turns out she normally got out of the tub by standing on its side.  I don't think the step onto the side of the tub would be easy for me so obviously she was in better shape than I am, but then, I haven't managed to break a rib getting out of the tub...not yet, anyway.  Why would anybody get out of the tub that way?

No comments:

Post a Comment