Friday, September 6, 2013

Today's Low-Carb Snack

I adore pizza but the thin and crispy crust pizza at Pizza Hut is overcooked to me.  I think everything on the pizza is low carb except the crust.
So today I decided to use a low-carb slice of bread (instead of Texas toast) and go from there.
I used a jelly-roll pan and put butter in it.  I heated it up, then put the slices of bread in and toasted it lightly, then mashed it as flat as I could get it and flipped it over.  Then I toasted it a little longer.
I smeared marinara sauce on the bread, then put the mozzarella cheese on it, then the diced banana pepper, and last, the pepperoni.
I baked it at 400 degrees 8-10 minutes. 
Ella May, Larry, and I all enjoyed it.
Note: I had a lot of the marinara sauce left so I put it in an ice tray so I can thaw a few cubes out next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment