Sunday, September 1, 2013

Laundry Detergent

Last October I made homemade laundry detergent for the first time.  Today I made it for the second time.
The first time I used the food processor to cut up the fels naptha.  This time I grated it on a hand grater.  It didn't take all that long and was much easier to dissolve in water.
I thought about making the dry mix but it looked like I would need to dissolve it in hot water to use it each time so I decided to make the liquid kind.  I'd already gotten a five-gallon bucket and five one-gallon clear plastic containers and made space in the pantry for storage.
I was truly impressed that one batch lasted eleven months.
It's not an especially clear picture, but this batch use used the same box of Borax and Arm and Hammer Cleaning Soda I bought for the first batch.  I just had to buy another bar of fels naptha.  My hair dresser said she had a stain on a shirt she'd let dry and just rubbed it with a bar of fels naptha and it came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment