Sunday, June 8, 2014

DIY Exploration


My trial of diy laundry detergent and fabric softener was so successful that I've been using it for over a year. I didn't care for the febreze substitute I tried.
I've been reading about other products that are less poisonous and cheaper. Today I mixed up a diy herbicide with 1/4 c vinegar, 1/4 c table salt, and 1/4 c dish soap. I would just dig weeds out, but I am very allergic to poison ivy so I need something to spray on it so it won't release any oils to break me out.
I also am going to try a diy fertilizer that is made from 1 tablespoon Epsom salt and a gallon of water. I'm using a plastic bottle I found that is two liters so I made half the recipe. It will be easier to carry and hold than a gallon container.
Not only do I like the idea of an environment-friendly cheaper solution to a problem, I enjoy the game of trying to win a few more cents for my budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment