Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Eggplant

Today after volunteering, a friend and I hunted down a place that is supposed to have good meat. I bought ground chuck and ground round. Then I went to a different store for the cheeses. I used our tomatoes and garlic to make a red sauce. The eggplant is the bottom layer. When the sauce cools, I'll add cheese and freeze the four containers. I have more red sauce, but I used all but two of the eggplants. Larry wants those two for frying.
I think I'll make spaghetti for the rest of the red sauce.
I'm disappointed that the disposable tins aren't deeper. I'd like to have more layers.

3 comments:

  1. You are so smart to cook ahead. Sounds
    Very good. Was the meat really good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see the reply option. I wasn't impressed with the meat. It was all right, but I think grass-fed has taken over.

      Delete