Monday, August 29, 2016

Not Miserable

The computer repairman I use is tricky to find at work. He works alone and is sometimes making onsite repairs. So I sat with the phone hitting redial for a couple of hours. I made sure he was going to be in for a while and took my computer tower to him. He plugged it in, looked at what it did, went to his car and came back with a box containing a new graphics thing, installed it, and got it to working. I was amazed he didn't have to wait for a part to come and amazed I didn't have to wait for him to get to my problem. He also doesn't charge an arm and a leg. I encouraged him to take care of himself as I don't know anybody else I can trust my computer problems with. I've tried a nicer looking place but he didn't fix my computer. 
The other good thing was the air conditioner in my art room wouldn't come on. I asked Larry to look at it. He did what I'd already done and got the same results. Then he unplugged it and plugged it into another outlet. It worked. I guess I need to have that outlet replaced, but it was really great that the air conditioner worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment