Saturday, August 31, 2013

Steel Cut Oats

Leigh said what I have is steel cut oats and we discussed what that would look like.  So I looked up how to cook that.  Grinding them in the coffee mill turned it into something edible, but not great.
So I looked up steel cut oats to see how to cook them.  It said to put a teaspoon in a pan, put a cup of oats in and stir it around for about three minutes, then add three cups of water, bring to a boil, put a lid on it, and let it set overnight.  It said to bring it to a boil the next morning and add milk if it looked dry.  So this morning I added milk until it looked creamy and warmed it up.  It was delicious.  The texture was entirely different from oatmeal (which I like), and way different from munching gravel (first effort).
Here's the bonus: put the leftover part in the refrigerator and scoop out enough for breakfast until it runs out.  It looks like there's about three more servings in there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment