Monday, November 25, 2013

Bits of This and That

Lousy weather today made it difficult to even think about getting my steps in.  Yesterday was bad enough, but today was worse.
I drilled holes in the rest of the little gourds I'd cleaned. I sponged white paint on a tableware container that I had painted six of already and given them Aunt Annie to pass out.  I can't find the book with the directions that I used on the other six.  I finally decided what to do with this one and got started.
The scarf that I started on a couple of weeks ago is pulled almost completely loose so I can try, try again.  I started with eleven stitches and somehow ended up with nine.  It wasn't noticeable until I held it up and looked at it.  I have two requests for that scarf and I don't know if I'm ever going to finish one.  I do know that I'm seriously tired of it even though it is gorgeous yarn.
Wolf chili was the last can of a flat purchased at Sam's Club.  It wasn't especially good, and I really didn't know anybody made a lousy chili.  But this time I added chili powder and cumin to it before spooning it over tamales a friend brought me from Texas.  Even Larry liked it. I still have tamales but a different single can of chili...another unknown brand.
I think it might be easier to clean up if I just got boxes, packed up everything that is a mess, and mailed it off as Christmas presents:) I started on that today:)

No comments:

Post a Comment