Monday, November 4, 2013

More Turnip Greens and Heinlein

I hope to keep this up...turnip greens in the freezer.  Today I managed to get three quarts. I listened to Heinlein's Time Enough for Love as I picked, washed, wilted, cooled, cut and packed and labeled them.  I really like the self-aware computers in the book.  A lot of the book is like short stories stuck together.  I don't usually like short stories, but this book does them quite well.  Some of the books that I especially like are easier to read than to listen to on audio.  When they go on and on about sex, it doesn't bother me when I'm reading it. But listening to it seems to last way longer. I keep in mind that Heinlein claimed he wrote "pot boilers" as he used his writing to keep food on the table.  I'm guessing it must have worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment