Monday, November 18, 2013

Finally

I've obsessed over my lab work numbers since the doctor first told me I was prediabetic and wanted to continue as if I were already diabetic.  Larry has looked at his lab numbers but has not really shown much interest in them.  He seemed to think they were for the doctor to act upon.  This latest time the doctor was very pleased and said to keep doing what he was doing.  When we got home, Larry dug out his copy of the lab work and pointed out that his A1c was still over the normal range.  He was pretty upset.  I pointed out that it was getting better and better and was only one point above average and it had taken me years to get mine down to normal range...a tenth of a point at a time.  It is encouraging to me that he is trying to impact the lab numbers with what he eats, not just medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment