Thursday, August 28, 2014

IPads at Doctor's

Our doctor and helpers stood around griping at their iPads today. I guess they'll get better at it, but today was three weeks into it and they were not very happy about it.
Not having a keyboard and mouse would slow me down, too. I seriously like technology but they didn't seem to think it was time efficient. It wouldn't be for me, either. I can peck around on an electronic keyboard, but I'm better with a keyboard and mouse. I think voice-responsive software would be better for doctors. It would take time to make sure the software was tuned to the users, but that would help prevent the stall. I had German doctors who dictated into recorders and had people transcribe it. It seems wrong for skilled doctors to waste time fiddling with the clerical aspect of the record keeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment