Friday, August 8, 2014

Rainy Day

It rained some today...finally.
I made a dozen stuffed eggs as my effort toward responsible behavior. I cleaned some glassware that sits around. I wish I hadn't just read three books about how shiny and clean things were. After listening to Nathan Lowell's Solar Clipper series I go around wiping smudges off of light switch covers and around door knobs.
My tire towers are STILL settling so I took a couple off and put them among tomato plants...just one in a couple of places. Then I weeded and put the weeds in those tires and emptied my kitchen compost pail into one of them. I put paper in the bottom after spraying a couple of weeds underneath with round up. The small compost areas are supposed to make "compost tea" for nearby plants. We'll see. I like the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment