Thursday, November 10, 2011

Holiday Cheese Spread

Holiday season is coming up and sometimes there are "make and take" events or snacking is there to provide a nice contrast to the sweets that greet us at every turn.  This is great.  It is good for the Atkins Diet if I eat it off of a spoon.  Since I like crackers with it, I try not to eat many.
Ida's Cheese Spread (or ball)

Two 8 oz. Packages of cream cheese softened
2 packages of corned beef or two pkg. of sliced beef, diced (the person I got the recipe from...while scarfing down the spread she'd brought...said Bruddig brand at WalMart is as good as any and cheaper than any others. So I tried expensive sliced deli beef and Bruddig and found they were both really good in this recipe.)
6 green onions, chopped, including the tops
½ t of accent
1 T of worcestershire sauce
mix well.

It even looks festive.

No comments:

Post a Comment