Sunday, July 29, 2012

Wheat Belly

I finished reading Wheat Belly yesterday.  I've been on a low-carb diet since 2004 so it was preaching to the choir.  But it had a different  impact on me because a lot of the problems it claims will be cured by a wheat-free diet are problems people I know have.  I am on a low-carb diet because I want to keep my blood sugar down.  That means people who are not diabetic didn't need to be on a low-carb diet.  But according to Wheat Belly many other problems are solved with that type of diet.  Actually I had noticed that my general health is good, my energy level is good, and my allergies had improved. I had decided I must have an undiagnosed wheat or gluten allergy.
The book pretty much claims cutting wheat from one's diet does everything except fix global warming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment