Thursday, March 7, 2013

Early March Color

Today is sunny and cool but not windy and cold.  I walked around checking on things and then went back to get my camera.  Things will be better later, but I enjoy looking at the beginnings of what I'm doing.
 I ordered two smart pots from Lee Valley and planted fifty Flair tulips in each (two layers of twenty-five).  They have started to come up.
 This spot isn't gorgeous, but those tiny green spots are bulbs that are coming up for the second year.  Tulips, hyacinths, daffodils, and Kaiserkrone.  I don't know if everything made it, but over the winter I always wonder if they will be back the next year.
 The daffodils are planted everywhere.  My husband likes them "naturalized" so they are in little bouquets all over the place:)
 This is the west porch on the summer kitchen.  I don't know what else he's going to do to this porch,, but he added the short side's railing recently. He said he isn't going to put a hand rail on the steps leading up to the short side facing the camera.
 These are grape hyacinths.  They are a brilliant purple but the bright light washed the color out.  These grow wild around here.  I wish I'd known it before I bought a bunch when we first moved here.
The green patches that are short are more bouquets of daffodils.
Yea, spring is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment