Sunday, March 24, 2013

Gluten-Free Low-carb Toaster Bread

I got the basic recipe from a cookbook using nut flours.  I've made it two different ways so far.  I used flaxseeds instead of flaxseed meal once.  That was an accident.  The next time I did it, I did it correctly.  I liked the seeds better though.  This time I've doing it with the flaxseeds, and a tsp. of instant coffee and a tbs of cocoa.  I have it in the oven now.  I got the instant coffee and cocoa from a pumpernickel recipe but didn't use any other parts of the recipe.
I'm delighted with the crunch of the bread.  I like spreading stuff on it.  But I am trying for some sort of flavor.  I don't know if the tsp and tbs amounts are enough, but that is what was called for in one loaf of the pumpernickel bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment