Friday, June 28, 2013

Crutches

I'm not very coordinated, but I'm pretty good with walking without crutches.  With crutches it is a little confusing.  I have no muscle memory to fall back on. So Larry and I discussed it.  Should I alternate and which one lined up with which foot or swing them together.
I thought I could just use the right one since that is the side that I'm supposed to not put a lot of weight on, but decided I'd mess up something else.
So we decided that together was the right way to do it.  And I'm glad because it requires less coordination.  I'm pretty sure it took a while for me to learn to walk.  Opening doors seems to be a problem right now. Which foot do I put out first?  There is just the tiniest step at the threshold, but it seems huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment