Thursday, July 3, 2014

Banana Bread

Not diet, but interesting. Tomorrow is a holiday and I've had a few overripe bananas that I've tucked away into the freezer waiting until I had enough for banana bread. I've been told that freezing the overripe bananas is a good idea. When I thawed them out, I was concerned because it thawed to mush, but that made it really easy to mix into the batter. It looks good and smells better. I am anxious to have a slice with cream cheese for breakfast:)
I used to throw away the overripe bananas. I like a slice of low-carb bread toasted, with peanut butter and half a banana. But eating bananas half per day sometimes means they get overripe before I finish.
I am really pleased. Hopefully it won't do anything drastic to my blood sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment