Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Sleep Tape

I've had trouble getting to sleep as long as I can remember. I couldn't take a nap in nursery school (I guess that's what they called kindergarten back then). Being tired didn't help. Nothing seemed to help except about three nights in a row of not sleeping. That next night I could sleep.
But I bought a sleep tape through audible so it's on my iPod. I get to sleep pretty quickly most of the time with it. But one of the things he says on the tape is that sleep is handled by the subconscious. That idea has helped enormously. I've been able to stop taking OTC sleep aids which only helped sometimes. I tried a prescription sleep aid which didn't help at all.
But I've managed to take three naps in the last four days without the tape, just thinking the subconscious is in charge of this so I don't have to do anything except relax and let my body take charge...not my mind.
I haven't gotten up enough nerve to try to sleep at night without the tape, but I may be getting there.
I love being able to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment