Saturday, July 12, 2014

Nostalia Binge

This yeast bread is made from a recipe that I used when we first got married. I have a picture cookbook that a college friend gave me totally aware that I didn't know how to cook. I love that cookbook but I've lost some of the pages over the years. This yeast bread recipe is one that I'd lost.
My daughter found a copy of the book and bought it. She recently sent me a copy of the recipe. I had to make it to see if it is as good as it was. It is. 
I made this and some other yeast breads because they took a long time but were seriously inexpensive and absolutely wonderful. They were pretty easy once I learned the difference between self-rising and plain flour. And it doesn't call for bread flour. I made it using water for the liquid.
Flour, yeast, water,  a couple of tablespoons of sugar, one tablespoon of salt, a little Crisco...that's all!


No comments:

Post a Comment