Friday, March 27, 2015

Chicken Soup

I boiled four large chicken thighs for about half an hour. I put a bay leaf, salt and pepper in it. 
Then I removed the thighs and added two tsp. of low-carb thickener. I let that simmer and added several carrots. When the thighs were cool, I pulled the meat from the bones and removed the skin. I put a can of green chilies, the meat, one package of dried chicken noodle soup, a cup of dreamfields pasta, and a bag of frozen brussel sprouts.
I stirred it until the soup was dissolved and put a lid on it and let it simmer for about ten minutes.
Larry almost never eats chicken thighs. Even he liked this soup.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds way better than my cupcake quiches that I made only to discover that the cheese I'd used had gone rancid on me so now I have a lot of cupcake quiche that I won't eat.

    ReplyDelete