Monday, March 9, 2015

Free Trees

The Agricultural Department in our county gives out free trees every year. I first became aware of it when they sent a bunch to school to give to the students. I had given everybody multiple trees until I only had one left and three kids who wanted them (they already had several each). I told them I'd like to take that one home to my husband. They were satisfied with that.
It turned out Larry was very pleased. Ever since then he's gotten some. This year he got five cyprus trees and ten redbuds. They give out different kinds different years. There's not much point in planting dogwood trees, we already have them growing wild. They give out pecan trees, too, but they are the tiniest seedling pecans I've ever seen.
I've very excited about the redbuds.
They are trying to prevent erosion this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment